Sunday, September 26, 2010

Namaste, Jack Corcoran!


 The pictures below came in from Father Ed Szendrey of today's Benefactors Appreciation Day at the Knoll. Note his reference to the passing of Father Jack Corcoran earlier today. R.I.P 

Note: Jack was admitted to the CCU in a Kathmandu hospital on Friday and put on a respirator. According to Sister Janet Hochman, M.M., he was in and out of consciousness, but seemed to recognize visitors. His condition continued to deteriorate until today he went to God. Namaste, Jack!


Hi Joe,

I'm attaching some photos from today's Benefactors' Appreciation Day, in case you want to blog about it.  I was not here for most of it, but it seems to have been a resounding success.  The folks I met were genuinely appreciative of Maryknoll and enthusiastic about our work.  I heard the numbers 700 and 800 thrown around, so I guess the number of attendees was in between there somewhere.  If this is an indication of the interest that will be shown in next year's 100th, I think it bodes well.

I just texted you this, but in case you haven't heard yet, Doc just told a few minutes ago that Jack Corcoran passed away.  Highs and Lows.

Take Care,
Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment