THANKS to all the people who worked behind and in front of the scenes to help make the Rev. Mr. Dae Wook Kim’s permanent oath and diaconate so memorable:
1) Bishop Bill Mc Naughton, M.M., who overcame initial reservations about the possibility of a snowstorm, and agreed to make the trek down from Boston and to Br. Brendan Corkery, M.M., who volunteered to drive the bishop here, making my job WAY easier.
2) Mr. Christopher Reilly, our director of music, who arranged THREE programs in short order (The Newtown Memorial, the Solemn Vespers for Oath and the Diaconate).
3) Ms. Lorena Lopez, director of printing services, and her crew who got the last two programs printed with less than three days notice.
4) Fr. Joe LaMar, M.M., MC to the bishop, who continually updated and edited the ceremonies as they developed.
5) Ms. Theresa Rodrigues, sacristan, for helping set up the altar, ordered flowers, prepared concelebration stoles, and found the bishop’s stool!
6) Rev. Mr. Paul Kim, Brooklyn diocesan seminarian, who proclaimed the Gospel in Korean and English and who helped iron out the liturgical kinks during the ceremony.
7) Deacon Paul Chin, for assisting during the ordination and Eucharist.
8) Fr. Gabriel Lee, pastor of St. Paul Chon Ha-Sang in Flushing, who made the parish available and made countless adjustments for our celebrations.
9) Sr. Marie Cordis and Sr. Paulina, Olivetine Benedictines, who tirelessly and cheerfully accommodated our constantly changing requests.
10) All the candidates who conscientiously fulfilled their liturgical duties.
11) Ms. Clara So-Yeon Kim, director of the most excellent Logos Student Choir
12) Ms. Elizabeth Nam Hyo-Jeong, accompanist.
13) The Hanullim Choir (from the 8 a.m. Mass, in which Dae’s father sings) for offering the “special song” (The Promised Land) in Korean.
14) Fr. Ed Szendrey, M.M., for cantoring at the vespers, and for taking pix .
15) Mr. Harry Florentine, for also taking most excellent pix.
16) The Vocations Committee of St. Paul’s, headed by Ms. Esther Mun and Mr. Laurentio Choi, for hosting the luncheon for Maryknollers at San Su Gap San Korean Restaurant following the ceremony.
17) Ms. Angela Noh, proprietor of the restaurant, for her more than generous gift to Maryknoll.
18) Mr. Paul Cho, choir member, for donating the wine for the luncheon.
19) Fr. John Eybel, M.M. and Br. Joe Bruener, M.M., formators, for sponsoring the reception after the Mass and for going along with all this!
20) The parishioners of St. Paul’s for hosting the lunch after the Sunday Mass and for fostering vocations.
(Rev.) Joe Veneroso, M.M.
Director of Society Liturgies