Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ashes to ashes

ASH WEDNESDAY certainly put me in a repentant mood, for the same reason yesterday's Mass did (read next post!) It's not that attending liturgies here will make your life longer. It will just seem that way. Many souls got sprung from Purgatory, in the Key of B flat.

Hey, but stay tuned! In less than an hour we will be holding our monthly house meeting, absent our pastoral director, Fr. Ernie Lukaschek. who is still recouperating nicely at St. T's. Br. John Blazo will attempt to herd cats, er, I mean conduct this meeting of Maryknollers.

I don't know yet what the agenda is, but I know Br. Kevin Dargan, one of our librarians, is getting pretty tired of periodicals, notably CELEBRATION, Magnificat and Homiletics, sprouting legs and walking off, usually with America, U.S. Catholic and the NCR.

I only hope if things do come to blows--or at least a shouting match--it does so before 5 when I have to go to Evening Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment