Follow by Email

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gas leak at the Knoll

We are into the first 24 hours of a gas leak first detected by employees yesterday afternoon. Crews are still working to locate and fix the leak which seems to come from rusting pipes. In the meantime, meals are creative. Here are the official emails from Mr. Al Vitello head of Physical Plant and from Ms. Margaret Ellicott-Sheehan, Sodexo manager:

Dear residents and seminary employees,
This Afternoon (Nov. 30) at approximately 1:30 pm two of our Physical Plant Employees detected a smell of natural Gas in the seminary ground floor F-wing. The town Fire Department and Con Edison were called in for an emergency response and the Gas to the building was shutdown. We believe the leak is in the ceiling of the M-wing Cloister and we are looking into ways to make the necessary repairs as soon as possible.
This natural gas line feeds the stoves in the main kitchen and the two gas dryers in the main laundry room. Until the repairs are made and this gas line is tested, the stoves and dryers will be out of service.
We apologize for the inconvenience,
Thank you,
Al Vitiello
Director Of Physical Plant
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
Dear residents and employees,
Earlier today (Nov. 30) the gas was shut off to the stoves in the kitchen due to a gas leak.  During this  time we will do our best to provide you with hot meals.  Unfortunately we will have to make some changes to the menu and we will post those changes in dining room and on the menu line daily. 
Please bare with us during this difficult time.  As soon as the gas is turned back on we will be able to provide you with a regular menu and your favorite foods. 
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.  If you have any questions or concerns , please feel free to contact us.
Thank You,
Margie Sheehan & Sodexo Staff


You'll know who sneaks a smoke in their rooms. They're the ones with singed eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment