They are also blood sisters, whose father passed on to them a great devotion to Maryknoll and especially to our Founders. Knowing all kinds of arcane facts about Maryknoll, they can even put our resident Maryknoll historian, Br. Kevin Dargan, to shame (not an easy task.)
Kevin, who works in our library, has corresponded with the Sisters for many years and has sent books to their library. He invited them to visit Maryknoll.
The Sisters are very delightful to be around and talk with, on any variety of topics.
The Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration were founded on December 8, 1854 by Fr. Bonaventure Heurlaut and Mother Marie St. Claire to "adore Our Eucharistic King" and spiritually support priests.
Their present superior is Mother Mary Angelica.